Back to top


If you are worried about a child or young person there are different things you can do to help.

You can find more information to help understand the signs of child sexual exploitation here  

What you can do to help?

If you are concerned about a child’s immediate safety call the police on 999

If you have safeguarding concerns about a child which are not immediate, please contact your Local Children’s Services Safeguarding team or the NSPCC’s helpline on 0808 800 5000

If you think a crime has been committed you can report this to the police by calling 101  

If you have intelligence that may help the police you can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, by phone on 0800 555 111 or via

You can report any concerns about online grooming to CEOP

Please report any child abuse images you find online to the Internet Watch Foundation

If a child wants to talk to someone in confidence they can call ChildLine on 0800 1111 or Get Connected on 0808 808 4994 (text 80849).